Made with Wantsumeaux White Gravy
- 1 package Wantsumeaux White Gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- ½ lb bacon
- ½ bag frozen shredded hash browns, approx. 10 oz
- 1 large carrot, dices small, approx. ½ cup
- 2 small yellow onions, diced, approx. 1 cup
- 2 large potatoes, small dice, approx. ½ cup
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- Shredded cheese
Cut bacon and brown it. Remove cooked bacon and set aside. Add onions and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions start turning translucent. Add diced potatoes, carrots, and hash browns and sauté for another 5 minutes. White vegetables are sautéing, whisk Wantsumeaux White Gravy into 2 cups hot tap water. Pour into vegetables and add 1 ½ cups milk. Stir. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Reduce heat to low, cover, simmer until carrots and potatoes are done, approximately 15-20 minutes. Add ½ cup chicken broth or water to think it out if too thick. Serve with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
Yields: 6-8 servings